What is a W-4?
The purpose of Tax Form W-4 is simple ― it is used by your employer to withhold the proper amount of federal income tax from your paycheck. The IRS recommends that employees submit a new W-4 tax form each year, or any time their personal or financial situation changes.
What is the current mileage reimbursement rate?
Beginning on Jan 1, 2018, the standard mileage rates for the use of a car will be:
• 54.5 cents for every mile of business travel driven
• 18 cents per mile driven for medical or moving purposes
• 14 cents per mile driven in service of charitable organizations
I’ve hired a new employee—now what?
• Have them fill out a W4 and an I-9
• Determine the payment method you would like to use—check or direct deposit
• Determine the payment frequency you would like to use (monthly, semi-monthly, bi-weekly, weekly)
• Determine their pay rate
Click here to get a W-4 form.